Farewell from Ms Turner

Thank you and farewell to the St. Mary’s College Community.

For almost 17 years I have been at St. Mary’s College after being in the United States on a Cross-country and Athletics Scholarship, further study and work.

Thank you for your support through the many events that I have been involved in while I have been at SMC – Year 10 Camp, Spirit of Adventure, NCEA, Athletics Days, Football, Year 9 Water Safety Days, Japan and Europe Tours, Cross-country, Athletics, Swimming sports and also the fantastic support received as a Dean for 6 years. I have valued your input throughout.

I am taking up a role as a National Assessment Moderator at NZQA and I look forward to working with teachers, and assisting the nation to keep standards high as well as learning along the way.

I began my journey to become a teacher by attending the United States on a Cross-country and Athletics Scholarship. Therefore, in alignment with my beginnings I have donated a Student Athlete of the Year Award for Senior Prizegiving. The criteria is based on Athletic and Academic accomplishments as well as attendance.

Many thanks and farewell,

Rhonda Turner,

HOD Physical Education