St Mary's College

International Students

When you are so far away it is vital that you are 100% sure that your daughter is being cared for.

At St Mary’s College we are very proud of our Catholic Mercy tradition which stretches back 150 years. In that time we have educated thousands of young women, following the spirit and values of Catherine McAuley, the foundress of the Sisters of Mercy who are our proprietors.

We will provide a very supportive environment for your daughter and will expect the very highest achievement standards from her at all times.

For further information, please contact Mr Mark Hurley


Expectations of International Students

St Mary’s College has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students published by the Minister of Education. Copies of the Code are available on request from this institution or from the New Zealand Ministry of Education website by clicking here.

Health and Travel Insurance

Most students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand unless they are:

  • A resident or citizen of Australia; or
  • A national of the United Kingdom in New Zealand; or
  • The holder of a temporary permit that is valid for two years or more.

If you do not belong to one of these special categories and you receive medical treatment during your visit, you will be liable for the full costs of that treatment. You have to have insurance that will cover the cost of medical treatment in New Zealand for the duration of your stay in New Zealand. We strongly recommend that you obtain your insurance from our Insurer (Uni-Care) to cover your travel to and from New Zealand. Details of this Insurance cost will be included in your Fees/Tax Invoice. You must advise us immediately if you do not wish to use our Insurer. Full details on entitlements to publicly-funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health, and can be viewed on their website at