St Mary’s Awards 2017 – Instructions for staff and students
The St Mary’s award is based on these principles:
- Accessible to all students
- Objective and transparent
- Focused on outstanding effort
- Based on our values – this includes Mercy and STAR values
There are two criteria for subject teachers to evaluate when a considering a student for a St Mary’s award in 2017. The student must have:
- Completed all work to a standard that reflects their own personal best effort.
- Contributed positively to the learning environment by being co-operative, supportive and respectful of others at all times.
In 2017, there is a third criterion that will be decided on by activity co-ordinators, Deans and/or Ako Teachers. The student must have:
- Made a valuable contribution to the College by demonstrating outstanding commitment and/or service through participation in co/extra-curricular activities. This third criterion will count as one “tick” towards a student’s tally.
- Completion of all work to a standard that reflects the student’s own best effort (Criterion One) means that:
- generally all homework, assignments and assessments are completed on time.
- generally all classwork, homework, assignments, assessments and tests are complete, and are at a standard that shows the student has tried their best.
- generally means most, if not all, of the time
- Criterion one reflects our STAR values of Strive to Succeed and Take the challenge
- Criterion two reflects our STAR values of Ako in action and Respect our values
- Criterion three reflects all our STAR values